HMB Consultancy CC was founded on 1 March 2010 by Hendrik M Botha (Hennie), who holds a LLB (Cum Laude) from UNISA (http://www.unisa.ac.za) and a B.Sc. (QS) hons from UFS (https://www.ufs.ac.za) as well as a number of professional registrations and affiliations, as detailed at the bottom of this page.
Hennie is an exceptionally skilled strategist and negotiator with over 15 years’ experience gained on local and international projects and programmes; some which were over R10bn in value. He is a seasoned professional and experienced in strategic procurement, customisation of contracts, conflict avoidance and all aspects of construction dispute resolution. He has been involved with Construction and Engineering claims and disputes of varying complexities and sizes varying from a couple of hundred thousand to multi-billion Rands. He has worked (and still works) both locally and internationally.
HMB is experienced in all sectors of the construction industry and have provided professional services on projects ranging from data centres (new build and in live environments), hospitals, clinics, offices, residential houses, apartments, student accommodation, shopping malls, mixed use buildings, roads, bridges, industrial facilities, warehouses, production facilities, factories, schools, universities, auditoriums, retail shop fit outs, sports facilities including gymnasiums, sport stadiums, etc.
HMB also provides strategic procurement advice to corporate clients and have been involved with the setting up of Framework Procurement Agreements for Consultants and Contractors to collectively cater for projects of all complexities and sizes. Our Management Consultancy service offer also includes strategic advice in setting up and growing businesses as well as the preparation of custom planning, management and reporting tools/reports.
1) PrQS, member no. 3811: The South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession. http://www.sacqsp.org.za
This registration is a statutory requirement (under Act 49 of a2000) for all persons providing Quantity Surveying Services in the Republic of South Africa.
2) MRICS, member no. 1177064: The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. http://www.rics.org
This registration was obtained after completing a three (3) year Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) that involved structured training in various disciplines, multiple written assignments and interviews done in London (UK).
3) PMAQS, member no. 5036: The Association of South African Quantity Surveyors. http://www.asaqs.co.za
These voluntary associations provides guidance, support and resources together with various templates and professional development (CPD) courses as to ensure members are up to date with industry best practice.
4) AA Arb, member no. 3092: The Association of Arbitrators. http://www.arbitrators.co.za
This voluntary association provides guidance, support and resources together with various templates and professional development (CPD) courses as to ensure members are up to date with industry best practice.
5) Practicing Advocate, Legal Practice Council ("LPC") member 53443 and National Bar Council of South Africa ("NBCSA") member no. 919 . In his personal capacity Hennie a duly admitted Advocate of the High Court of South Africa and a practicing member of the Legal Practice Council (https://lpc.org.za/) and the National Bar Council of South Africa (https://nationalbarcouncil.co.za).
Note that the services offered by HMB Consultancy CC do not include legal advice or representation for which Adv. HM Botha (in his personal capacity) requires an Attorney’s brief in accordance with the law, the regulations of the Legal Practice Council.